Advance LA is holding a comedy event for young adults ages 18 and up -- experienced improv teachers will focus on improv and public speaking skills such as:
- Stage Composition & Direction
- Exercise facial expressions & Body language
- Character Creation & Development
- Develop Stage Presence
- Develop Chemistry with acting partners
- Learn to listen & respond naturally in an unnatural setting
- Incorporate props and action while simultaneously delivering scripted lines or improvisation
- Learn to give & receive creative feedback
- Exercise memory/ recitation skills through tongue twisters, scripted lines, and brief dialogue
Through activities like Simon Says, tongue twisters, brief monologues and expressing feelings, cold reading short scenes, mirror exercises, improv scenes, and character creation, Advance LA will provide young adult participants with a fun way to learn social skills to help them develop and maintain friendships.
E-mail Rachel Underwood at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to RSVP!